Saturday, November 28, 2009

A real bed at last!






Before I returned to Aus in March, Andrew & I went out to look at beds.  We found the perfect bed at Dreams but didn't have the money for it, so our health really suffered for it!  Last Sunday after we watched Zack play soccer Andrew told me to go with Helen and Paul back to their place, and he took off without telling me where he was going.  I hate surprises so I was really annoyed with him by the time he arrived at Helen and Paul's just in time for dinner.  It was only then that he told me to go outside and look what was on the back seat of the car.  Helen came out with me and when we looked, the back seat was filled with brand new pillows, mattress cover, quilt, quilt cover set and extra linen!

The linen is called 'Cosima', it's not my ideal choice but it was really the only choice as I wanted something neutral.  It will do for now until my Margaret Muir linen arrives from Australia.  The headboard is called 'Orlando' and while I first liked it back in March, I have changed my mind (I'm a Sagittarian, what more can I say?) and I'm not so keen on it anymore.  At least I can cover it with a different fabric later on.

The bed was delivered yesterday and we put it all together before dinner, we couldn't wait til after dinner as we were too excited!  I think we both had a good night's sleep, usually it takes me ages to wake up properly and I feel quite groggy, but this morning I felt quite bright and not at all like the zombie I usually impersonate for the first two hours of the day!

In other news, I have applied for a job as a part time waitress at a deli cafe in Shaftesbury.  Fingers crossed they give me a call to come in for an interview!

1 comment:

Suse said...

Looks awesome! What a lovely surprise and what a tricky andrew!

I'll have it if you don't like it anymore lol :) Reminds me of your new blog wallpaper actually :)