I've been in the UK for three weeks already. Time really has flown by!
You probably think I lead a pretty boring life at the moment, in some aspects that is true but on a whole, I am happy to just be here and right now I'm actually enjoying being on "domestic duties". I've never really been one to enjoy housework but because we have so little stuff to clutter up the house, it's fairly easy to keep clean!
The house was freshly painted and carpeted before Andrew moved in, so it's basically a blank canvas waiting for us to fill in.
I don't have alot of equipment in the kitchen so I'm rather excited with yesterday's purchase while I was out shopping:
This has to be one of the most practical kitchen tools I could ever want. I needed a blender to puree a big batch of leek & potato soup I made yesterday, so I got this set from The Art of Cooking, a great little kitchen shop in Shaftesbury. I can see myself doing alot of shopping there over the next couple of months!
Not only can I puree soups, I can make smoothies and thickshakes, guacamole and dips, mix cakes, or I can chop up awkward stuff like nuts, herbs & onions to my heart's content.

No comments:
Post a Comment