Thursday, October 29, 2009

What more do I have to do?

Yet another day when the Aerobed hasn't been delivered.

Oh yes, courier person was here alright.  But didn't deliver.

I put the note on the front door, as requested by the UPS customer service lady, saying that the courier could leave the parcel at the front door if nobody answers (but please knock LOUDLY).

Courier person wrote a message on my note that because MY note wasn't signed or dated, they couldn't leave the parcel.

F*******K!!!!!



And just to top it all off, Andrew was only about 50 metres away while this was happening, crossing a herd of cows over the laneway (that goes past our house).  He could hear Jack (the mental unfriendly dog next door) going off his head at someone and out of curiosity he left the cows and hurried up the lane, only to see the courier van reversing from the front of our place and take off.  So there's Andrew, running after the van, arms gesticulating wildly, calling out to the driver to stop.  Either the driver didn't see/hear him, or he possibly saw the lunatic chasing him up the road and put his foot down!

So Andrew came in after he'd finished work for the morning, rang UPS and told them what had happened, and demanded that they send the courier back ASAP.  But it is "company policy" *blah blah blah* that they don't return to the same address twice in the same day.

By the time I got home, the woman who'd called me yesterday called again to find out why the courier hadn't delivered and was very apologetic that she hadn't told me to sign and date the note.  Tomorrow we start afresh, she is despatching the parcel, I am going to be home ALL DAY and just to make sure I know when the courier person is here, I have installed a doorbell which I bought today, the ringer is above the loungeroom door leading into the kitchen so I will be able to hear it:
























I think I've done everything I possibly can to make sure this bed gets delivered to me tomorrow.  I am not going anywhere, I'm staying put while Andrew is off to Swansea to pick up his mum so she can come and stay with us for a few days.  Hopefully there will be a bed for her to sleep on before she gets here!

At least most of my day went to plan.  I made it all the way to Nunney by myself to visit Grandma, although I did get a little bit side tracked along the way by going straight rather than turning right at one roundabout.  But I quickly realised that nothing looked familiar along the road so I turned around at the next available driveway and headed back.  I stayed with Grandma for an hour, went to the shop to buy her some fruit and popped into the post office to post a birthday card (sorry Susie, it's going to be late!  I should have sent it alot sooner, especially with the postal strike at the moment).

Then on the way home I called into Homebase hardware for the doorbell and Sainsbury's for some groceries.  And I'm proud to say, I didn't get lost once on my way home.  That's quite an achievement considering that I didn't have Andrew or a SatNav to guide me.


No comments: