Tuesday, February 2, 2010

She's home :-)

Mum was released from hospital yesterday and she is glad to be home (aren't we all!).  She hardly slept in hospital, what with the other patients, the constant beeps and alarms from various machines and monitors, and the nurses buzzing about.  I know from my own experience when I had the stroke in 2004 that you never go to hospital for peace and quiet, my most vivid memories are of curtains being thrown back at 7am (just as I'm starting to go into a deep REM sleep), nurses talking loudly and emphasizing their words and making bizarre attempts at sign language at me (they instantly treat all patients as if they are deaf for some reason) and then poking and prodding me for endless blood tests.

Andrew & I are looking forward to two days off, we are going to visit Gran on Wednesday and maybe catch up with some friends, and then on Thursday Andrew has a job interview at a farm not far from where we are living. Whatever job he does end up getting, I hope it doesn't mean moving too far as it will probably mean me also having to find a new job.  My current employer pays me for mileage and I don't think they'd be keen on paying me to drive an extra 20 miles for each farm I have to visit.

No comments: