Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas

Andrew & I decided to pick up some Chinese takeaway for dinner on our way home from visiting his Gran tonight. Neither of us goes through the high street of Shaftesbury unless it's during daylight hours when the shops are open, so it was a pleasant surprise to drive into town last night and find the street ablaze with lights and colour for Christmas.



The photo doesn't do it justice, I'll have to go back again tomorrow night and take more pics.



Take-away food in hand, we are just about to jump in the car and head home.
Andrew reminds me of Blackboard (from Mr Squiggle) in this photo - "Hu-rrry uuuup..."


Can you see the similarity??


Our fireplace with a little bit of Christmas cheer

For the last 4 years I haven't felt very festive because of the terrible things we've endured and the sadness it has left in my heart.  It certainly took the "Merry" out of Christmas.

This year I am feeling a little more relaxed about it so, rather than buy a tree, I have decided to invest in some Christmas lights just to brighten up the fireplace (the foliage you can see inside the pit is just some cuttings I took from a tree outside).  These are teensy tiny LED lights that have about 7 different flashing functions.  Tomorrow I will add some more green foliage and berries to the mantlepiece so it looks even more Christmassy.

1 comment:

Suse said...

looks so pretty! and I love your chrissy tree :)

We haven't got anything up yet, one more open house before chrissy (this sat) then we'll put it all up. we threw out the dining table and the coffee table and brendan's computer table for the council clean up and as usual it was allll gone before morning, including the broken glass topped nest of tables lol

I think it's great, as someone will find a use for it, but we were over it.

looking forward to some follow up pics when you get a chance :)

My chrissy shopping is going to be later than usual, waiting for an expenses reimbursement via work and I doubt I'll get it prior to my next pay on the 23rd eek