Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Slow down!!!

Bloody hell, where is all the time going?  It seems like only two days since I updated here, can someone please stop the clocks for just a while?

I've got another busy week, one of the milk recorders is very sick at the moment so farms are being shuffled around and a few have been thrown my way.  So what started out as a quiet week with two farms has expanded to five.  Ah well, at least it means more money in the bank.

I have had some big orders for my Wikaniko products, and one customer has given me a repeat order for a friend of hers in Spain!  I didn't tell her that there is already a distributor in Spain (the owner of the company!!), but I don't think it would have made a difference as she is going to take the products with her when she flies over for a holiday.

Andrew has gone away for tonight, he's gone to Cornwall to check out a cattle sale (not that he can buy anything, he's just going for a stickybeak).

We have bought me a wee little car, it's a Vauxhall Corsa (for the Aussies, it's a re-badged Holden Barina), it's pale metallic green and has a sunroof.  It's about 10yrs old and has less than 50,000 miles on the clock, manual transmission, and I think I'll get around 450-500 miles from a tank of unleaded which is good enough for now.  We probably want the car to last a couple of years (hopefully less if I can save enough money to upgrade).

I suppose you want to see a pic of the car now that I've told you about it.  I guess I can arrange that a bit later today or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Suse said...

Call me hopeless, but because you don't show up in my feed anymore I have to remember to come here cause i'm a blog tart now and have subscribed to so many about so many different things!

So exciting that you've got a car now :) Makes life so much easier for you both when you might want to go in different directions for a day or few hours :)

Great news about WIkaniko sales too, that's really exciting!!!!!! :D